Home Learning Information and Grid
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for supporting your children with their home learning, it really does make a difference to their understanding. As you are probably aware, there have been a few changes to the way home learning is given and completed in Kingfishers. Below are the main differences:
- Children will have 2 weeks to complete home learning
- If mini projects are set, a time period of a half term will be given to complete them
- Home learning is explained on a 'Home Learning Grid'
- 3 Tic-Tac-Toe spelling tasks to be completed per week
- A times table and spelling quiz will be given after the hand in date and these will be completed at the back of their Home Learning books for you to look at
- As a class, we will be marking home learning together where appropriate. I find that this allows children the opportunity to identify and resolve misconceptions, it also provides myself with an opportunity to give one to one feedback
- A copy of the Home Learning grid and any task sheets will be on this website so that you have access to the information. You may notice that your child has slightly different spellings, sometimes individualised spellings which are identified from their writing
Please can any loose paper be stuck in their books and a gentle reminder about presentation would be great.
Again, thank you very much for your support and patience whilst these changes were being implemented.