To enable our children to celebrate and welcome differences in our world it is vital they have an understanding of different languages and countries. By introducing and exposing our children to this, they will have a deepened ability to show respect and play a valuable part in our global society. To achieve this end point we aim , through our Spanish curriculum, to inspire a love of language as part of their lifelong journey of learning.
Our aims in teaching Spanish are:
· To foster children's curiosity and deepen their understanding of the world
· To develop an interest in learning other languages.
· To introduce young children to another language in a way that is enjoyable and stimulating.
· To encourage children’s confidence and creative skills through the exploration of another language.
· To stimulate and encourage children’s curiosity about language.
· To help children develop their awareness of cultural differences in other countries.
· To develop listening, speaking, reading and writing skills.
· To lay the foundations for future language learning.